Monday, April 7, 2014

Design Board and Traveling Stash

It's been a while since I've posted because I haven't been sewing much lately. I've been working on organizing scraps while considering the Traveling Stash Box which I got a few weeks ago.

It came packed with fabrics, patterns, a couple books, and some miscellany. I snagged a cool book, some pre-cut 2 1/2-inch squares, a couple fat quarters, and some other scraps. I've added in some more patterns and some fabric. Now I'm looking to pass this treasure along to another lucky blogger.

If you're interested, leave a comment and I'll draw the lucky number and send it along. It's a fun project. All you have to do is agree to pass along the Stash Box and blog about it. Easy peasy, right?


Now about the Design Board, I've just about finished my latest Week-ender Bag. I've made 4 others using pre-quilted fabrics. They make wonderful gifts. This one is different in that I used leftover fabrics from other projects and faced and re-quilted it. This one is slightly more stable than the others, but it also was much more difficult to assemble. My shoulders were aching when I was done! I still need to add the bottom stabilizer and cover it and it will be good to go. It's a cool project and I'll probably do more in the future, although the "Franken-bag,"  won't be done again soon.



This sock is my first-ever color work. I started using Patons Kroy (one of my favorite sock yarns) but I knew I  didn't have enough to finish, so I decided to make-do and learn colorwork at the same time. I wasn't concerned about coordinating colors; I just wanted the leg to be tall enough.  I accomplished that, and now feel I can tackle another color work pattern. Yay me!
 
I'm linking this to Design Wall Monday at Patchwork Times. Check it out and be impressed with all the creativity!

1 comment:

  1. I would love to take the Traveling Stash Box! I have a lot of things that I could happily destash and pass on to another blogger!

    ReplyDelete